Debut Film Festival Vienna
RE-FRAME: Debut Film Festival Vienna is aimed at promoting the debut short films created by young filmmakers from the FLINTA* community.
We focus on low-budget independent productions (films with a budget of less than 7,500 euros) to give space to artistic film experiments and unconventional stories.
The selected films will be screened in June 2023 at Stand129 on Viktor-Adler-Markt. We invite all selected filmmakers in person to Vienna and provide a limited amount of free housing options. Those who are not able to join in person are welcome for a post-screening discussion via Zoom.
Re-Frame is a project of Stand129 initiated and curated by volunteers of the European Solidarity Corps programme.
*The acronym FLINTA stands for women, lesbians, intersex, non-binary, trans and agender people - all those who are patriarchally discriminated against because of their gender identity.
Rules and terms:
- To submit a film, you must own the rights for the film.
- The duration of films must be less than 20 minutes.
- All submitted films must be produced after 2020 and be the debut short film of a director who is no older than 30 years old. An exception can be made for those over 30 who have just recently started studying or working in the film industry.
- Films not in English, must have English and/or German subtitles.
- The event will take place on June 23 and 24, 2023.
- The application to the festival is free of charge.
- By submitting your movie, you authorise us to use, distribute, and share the film, poster, trailer, synopsis and movie stills on our social media, online and during the festival.
- We provide a limited option of free housing in Vienna; more details will follow after the selection process.
- There is no competition programme.
- Accepted projection formats: mp4, mov (FullHD, 4K)
- The deadline for applications is May 10th.
Submit: send an email to email@example.com with a link to your film and a password, if needed.